To a do physical wellness health assessment of the body you will look at the areas of exercise, rest, health habits, hydration, nutrition and supplements and identify where and how you need to make changes.
Because there are several sub-domains involved in this domain, this physical wellness health assessment may require a wellness wheel of its own. Use the previous instructions to draw a physical wellness assessment wheel with six sections either on the back of the wellness health assessment wheel you already made, or use a separate piece of paper or page in your wellness journal.
Label the physical wellness health assessment sub-domains: exercise, rest, health habits, nutrition, hydration and supplements.
- Do you get at least 30 minutes of exercise per day through walking or other means?
- Do you get 30 – 60 minutes of aerobic exercise at least three times a week.
- Do you get regular exercise (yoga, tai chi. pilates) that develops strength, flexibility and balance?
Rest and Relaxation:
- Do you get at least 8 hours of sleep per night?
- Do you get to bed by 10pm?
- Do you meditate or practice some form of deep relaxation that reduces stress?
- Do you have a hobby or pastime that you engage in frequently?
- Do you always wear a seat belt when in the car?
- Do you always protect your brain by wearing a helmet in activities such as biking or skiing?
- Do you floss your teeth daily?
- Do you drink no more than seven alcoholic drinks per week, or three drinks per occasion (women) or 14 drinks per week or four drinks per occasion (men)?
- Are you a non-smoker?
- Do you practice safe sex?
Nutrition, hydration and supplements will be covered in the next post
Score each section in the physical wellness assessment by taking the number of yes answers and expressing them as a percentage of the total number of questions. Then put a line at the level representing that percentage in the appropriate section of the physical wellness wheel – see how to do a wellness health assessment..